This event has been cancelled.
James MacNevin and Randy Schmidt, senior editors at the University of British Columbia Press, are holding a book publishing talk at McMaster University on Wednesday, 23 November 2022, at 12:30 pm. It consists of a 45-minute presentation followed by a question and answer period. It will take place in L.R. Wilson Hall, Room 2001.
All faculty, advanced PhD students, and post-doctoral fellows are welcome to attend.
The talk will focus on scholarly book publishing and will provide an opportunity to learn about the process of publishing with a university press in Canada. Topics of discussion include:
- what distinguishes university presses from other publishers
- how to locate the appropriate publisher for your work
- how to prepare an attractive prospectus
- how to turn your thesis into a book
- the peer review process
- sources of funding for scholarly monographs
- what to expect of your publisher and what your publisher will expect of you
If you are unable to attend but would like to set up a separate meeting to discuss a specific book proposal, please email James MacNevin (email@example.com) or Randy Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You are also welcome to join via Zoom at:
Meeting ID: 933 0390 2588
One tap mobile