Book Publishing Seminar
Free Lecture for Faculty, Graduate Students, Postdoctoral Students, Researchers
BOOK PUBLISHING SEMINAR
James MacNevin, senior editor at the University of British Columbia Press, is holding a book publishing talk at McMaster University on Wednesday, 29th, of March at 12:30 pm. It consists of a 45-minute presentation followed by a question and answer period. It will take place in L.R. Wilson Hall, Room 2001. All faculty and advanced PhD students are welcome to attend.
The talk will focus on scholarly book publishing and will provide an opportunity to learn about the process of publishing with a university press in Canada. Topics of discussion include:
- what distinguishes university presses from other publishers
- how to locate the appropriate publisher for your work
- how to prepare an attractive prospectus
- how to turn your thesis into a book
- the peer review process
- sources of funding for scholarly monographs
- what to expect of your publisher and what your publisher will expect of you
If you are unable to attend but would like to set up a separate meeting to discuss a specific book proposal, please email James MacNevin (email@example.com).
You are also welcome to join via Zoom at:
- Research and Innovation